Join us Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 11 a.m. (EDT) on Zoom
We wish we could all gather at Shortridge in Caleb Mills Hall for our annual meeting and the ceremony to induct new members into the Shortridge High School Alumni Hall of Fame, but that’s just not possible yet.
We are doing the next best thing and having the meeting and ceremony virtually on Zoom. (See instructions below.)
The good news:
1) You can join us from anywhere! No matter where you live, no matter where in the world you are, you can be part of the meeting and celebration.
2) No problems with travel, transportation, parking or walking.
3) You don’t have to dress up, because you will not be seen on screen. Be comfortable.
4) Current SHSAA members can vote on the SHSAA officers and the budget.
5) You’ll hear an update on how Shortridge teachers and students have persevered in a pandemic.
6) You’ll learn about the 2021 SHSAA scholarship recipients.
We hope to be back together in person in June 2022.
Zoom is easy to use on a computer, tablet or smart phone with Internet access. If you don’t have any of these, you can call in on any phone for audio only. If you will use a smart phone, please download the Zoom app ahead of time.
From a computer or tablet, click the link below:
When you log in, you will be asked to register with your name and email address.
We suggest logging in at least five minutes before the meeting begins at 11 a.m. EDT.
Call: 312 626 6799 and use the Webinar ID: 831 5499 9561 and Passcode: 922950. Use # after entering the ID and again after entering the Passcode.
Although all Shortridge alumni and Shortridge friends are welcome to view the meeting, you must be a current member of the Shortridge High School Alumni Association to vote online. If you are not a current member, you can join or renew on this website. If you join or renew by June 4, you are eligible to vote. The slate of officers is:
President: Marilyn Shank
Vice President, Marketing, Fundraising and Development: Jarnell Burks Craig
Vice President, Public Relations/Communications: Al Edvyean, Jr.
Treasurer: Keith Rand
Recording Secretary: Kimberly Teague
Corresponding/Financial Secretary: Dee Richardson Duff
Representative, Decade of the 1950s: (vote for 2) Margaret Francis
Representative, Decade of the 1960s: (vote for 4) Fletcher “Flash” Wiley
Representative, Decade of the 1970s: Brenda Peacock
Representative, Decade of the 1980s: Joe Matthews
Representative, Decade of the 2000s: Porche Giles
Representative, Decade of the 2020s: El-ad Nichols-Kauffman
It is possible to nominate candidates from the “floor” during the SHSAA Annual Meeting. In 2021, the “floor” means Zoom. If you wish to nominate someone. Please:
1. make sure the person is willing to serve
2. be sure the person is a current member of SHSAA (or becomes one before June 5)
3. email firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3 to get a special log-in to make the nomination
4. be prepared to speak for no more than two minutes about why you think the candidate should serve in that office
Brick upgrades $6,075
Scholarship Transfer Funding $10,000
Total Revenue $20,575
Scholarships $10,000, Awards $600, Website $1,300, Constant Contact $700, Bank Fees $160, Brick Upgrades $6,075, Special Projects $3,000, Annual Meeting 2022 $1,500, Other $1,000, Total Expenses $24,335